Orphan Grain Train volunteers have given more than 3,757,383.95 hours of work since 1992, sorting, packing, and shipping items with love and care. FY 2017-18 had 108,696.95 volunteer hours valued at $978,272.55 if paid $9/hour.
One 40-ft.-long ocean-going freight container will cost between $5,000 and $19,000 to ship (an average of $11 for each box of relief supplies shipped).
A total of 340 shipments were shipped in FY 2017-18, 115 to 25 foreign countries and 225 to domestic locations.
Other OGT Facts You May Want to Know
- Rev. Ray Wilke and Mr. Clayton Andrews founded Orphan Grain Train back in 1992.
- Orphan Grain Train serves 90 orphanages in Russia and former Soviet Republics.
- Last year nearly 4.5 million meals were shipped by Orphan Grain Train. More than 25 million meals have been shipped since the start of shipping meals in 2007.
- We are proud of our wonderful volunteers from coast to coast. Last FY 108,696 volunteer hours were donated by volunteers. That’s 298 volunteer hours a day!
- 225 semi-loads were delivered to children and families in need in the U.S. and 115 – 40 ft. shipping containers were sent internationally in the 2017-18 Fiscal Year.
- We do it all using only 1.7 cents of all donations for administrative and fundraising expenses. A full 98.3 cents of all donations goes for the mission of getting food, clothing, medical and other needed items to the people who need them.
- Last year more than $45 million of humanitarian aid and food was shipped worldwide.